DEBRA are committed to the fair treatment of its staff, potential staff, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, age, physical/mental disability, or offending background. The information you give on this form will help us comply with our policy of ensuring equality in our services to you. We recognise that some people may regard some of this information as personal and we have, therefore, included an option in most questions for ‘prefer not to say’. All information that we collect around equality and diversity will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act and will be stored on the appropriate HR database. Access to this information will be restricted to staff involved in the processing and monitoring of this data. It will be used to provide statistical information only. In completing the form below, you consent to us using your data for this purpose.
- Job Title: Fundraising Apprenticeship
- Job Reference: Fundraising Apprenticeship
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire, Head Office
- Salary: Apprenticeship Rates - Full Time
DEBRA is the national charity that funds research and healthcare to support individuals and families affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) – a painful genetic skin blistering condition which, in the worst cases, can be fatal. In order to generate the income we need to do this vital work we undertake a wide range of fundraising including hosting events, applying for grants, supporting individual fundraisers and partnerships with companies.
DEBRA was founded in 1978 by Phyllis Hilton whose Daughter Debra had EB - the charity was the world's first EB patient support group.
Our Vision - We have a vision of a world where no one suffers from the painful genetic skin blistering condition EB.
Job Title: Fundraising Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Type: Level 3 Advance – 24 months (Temporary)
Reports To: Deputy Director of Fundraising
Location: Bracknell Head Office
Salary – In line with the Government Guidelines for Apprenticeships. (Please see https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates for apprenticeship rates as these change according to age and second year.)
Hours - Full Time 35 hours per week
It is an exciting time for DEBRA and we are seeking to hire an enthusiastic Fundraising Apprentice to assist our fundraising team. To ensure success as a Fundraising Apprentice, you will develop an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of Fundraising, excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work to strict deadlines.
Key Responsibilities and Main Activities:
- Working in the supporter services team to help with the administration which underpins the overall effectiveness of fundraising
- Keeping the database (thankQ) up to date
- Playing a part in the supporter journey for our donors by providing effective stewardship in line with established processes
- Keeping spreadsheets up to date
- Opportunities to attend events and challenges to support on the day with things like cheer points, selling raffle tickets, general on the day events support
- Inputting into fundraising meetings to help develop the impact of fundraising at DEBRA
What we’re looking for more than anything is someone with people skills and enthusiasm, who will make the most of this great opportunity with included training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Reliable and willing learner
- Acts on initiative
- Analytical mind-set, Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on a company’s success
- Good time-management skills
You will need to have 3 GCSE’s • To include Maths and English at grades 4/C or above.
If you are enthusiastic about the contribution you could make and would like to join our team as a Fundraising Apprentice, then please click 'apply' today and don't miss out as we'd love to hear from you!